Complete Story


Deceased Tenant

Granny's Self Storage/ EZ Store-N-Lock - Tex Teixeira

We just had a customer die while renting a unit. They are the only one listed on the lease. What paperwork do we need from the family before allowing someone access?

Printer-Friendly Version

1 Comment

Kristen Smiley on Thursday 11/22/2018 at 08:05PM wrote:

Whoever has been left in charge of their estate will need testamentary papers from the clerk of court. The papers will have an official court seal, the deceased’s name at the top, and the the executor(s) name at the bottom. This shows that they are in charge of their belongings/estate. Do not take a power of attorney. POAs are void after someone passes. Hope this helps!

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the comments shown above are those of the individual comment authors and do not reflect the opinions of this organization.